Wednesday, June 2, 2010

He's Here!

Well, Andrew has arrived! He is healthy and handsome and we are so grateful for God's mercy and blessing! If you want the whole birth story, give me a call. These are some pictures of the last few days.
This is before my doctor broke my water. I was actually having contractions, but still able to smile. I was trying to rest and relax at this point.

Mark was the best coach a wife could ask for. He was timing contractions and refreshing his memory with the book Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way. I highly recommend this book to any pregnant lady even if you plan on having an epidural.


Here he is, just minutes after birth. Mark has some very sweet pictures of Andrew moments after birth when he was laying on my chest. But they are on his phone and not our computer.



Getting cleaned up


Our wonderful doctor.

Do I look like I just ran a marathon? It was hard work delivering that bundle of joy!





Jack and Charlie came to see us in the hospital about an hour after Andrew was born. They were very excited to meet him! Jack drew a card for him and brought it to us.



Day 2 in the hospital. Getting cuter by the minute!


Grandmother and Andrew


Mark's parents kept Jack and Charlie another night, so we could get a little more rest. When they came home, Andrew was alseep in the bassinet. They were ready to see him.



They "petted" him very gently!



Grandpa and Andrew


Jack loves to hold him. And is very good at it!





Charlie has done very well with Andrew's arrival. He has been a little more fussy, but I think that is due to things not being normal. He has not shown any jealousy towards Andrew, but he does get very upset if he thinks its his turn to hold Andrew, but Andrew needs to eat,have a diaper change, etc. And when he is holding Andrew, he studies his face, hands, and feet. He loves the baby!


Getting a diaper change.

THe Old Towne Store is our favorite place to eat lunch. Their kids' menu is named after our sons and they recently added a new item, the Andrew Special - mashed bananas $.99. How fun is that!

2 comments:

Joy said...

You guys!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I was so thrilled to check your site tonight and find your wonderful news! Andrew is absolutely beautiful, and I LOVE the pictures of the boys holding him! What sweet big brothers. Y'all make such gorgeous kids :) Rejoicing with you on your bundle of joy!!

Jessica said...

How fun is the Andrew special!!!! So cute!!! Laura, you look amazing! I would never know that you delivered a 9lb baby with NO drugs of any kind!!! You look so peaceful! Oh, and you and Charlie could be twins if he had brown hair!!!!! You guys look so much alike! Love you and can't wait to meet him!