Friday, June 27, 2008
Chunk and Cake
How long does it take for a baby's umbilical cord to fall off? The nurses at the hospital told us around 14 days. HA! Try 8 weeks! Thats right! Charlie didn't get his first soaking bath until he was 8 wks old. This is him at 11 wks. We went to the doctor recently and he weighed 14 lbs. 6 oz. The doctor asked if we were going to call him "Chuck", we said "no" of course. Then he looked at Charlie and said, "Maybe we should call you 'Chunk'". :) It makes a mama proud to have such a healthy looking baby.
Jack was helping me water my cherry tomato plant. Maybe we'll have some tomatos if he will stop picking them green. He has really been talking up a storm. He got a book in the mail from my great aunt Barbara about Farmer Brown and his birthday. Farmer Brown got a cake, and Jack's birthday is coming up on Monday, so yesterday we talked to him about his birthday cake. This morning when he woke up, we heard him through the monitor talking about cake. We're actually having his party with family on Sat. Stay tooned for pictures!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe it took 2 months!!
Tucker's fell off after a week, but I put him in the herbal bath with me. It was recommended on the package. :)
Hi Laura, so glad I found your blog! I doing my best to keep up with everybody from way up here now. Jack is getting so big and baby Charlie (aka Chunk) is beautiful. I'll keep checking on ya'll periodically. You can stay updated from my blog too.
leggfamilyblog.blogspot.com
Post a Comment